We’ve all woken up on a Monday morning and went “Uuuuuggghhh I hate Mondays!”. Fortunately, they don’t have to be so awful. Here’s 7 tips I’ve found to make them suck a little less. Enjoy!
1. Do something you enjoy on Mondays. Go to Yoga, stop at your favorite coffee shop, have a lunch date with your friends, walk in the park or whatever makes you happy. If you know every Monday you’re going to do something that will make you smile, maybe you’ll start actually looking FORWARD to Mondays! It could happen!
2. Make Mondays “desert day”. Yes, many of us are on a diet of one kind or another. Regardless, even the experts say you should allow yourself an occasional “reward”. Soo…I say we should now dub them “CAKE MONDAYS!” (or pie or wine or whatever your vice is that you’re currently denying yourself). Mmmmm….cake.
3. Have mini date nights every Wednesday. Go have a drink after work with your honey or friends every Wednesday. Part of what makes Mondays suck is that there’s 5 whole days before fun-time Friday gets here. Break up the week a little so it doesn’t seem so long.
4. Schedule Massage Mondays. Yup, I said it. I LOVE getting massages on Mondays. Why? Because it just makes the whole week go by smoother when you start off the week all relaxed and happy!
5. Start your week on a different day (if you can). Mondays are packed full of negative energy because everybody’s grouchy that it’s even Monday. If you can start your week on a different day you can avoid being pulled down by everyone else’s “Monday blues”.
6. Do shower meditation. I’ve recently discovered this one and it really changes my outlook on any day. When you take your morning shower close your eyes and just feel the water pouring over you. Let all the crummy feelings run off with the water and down the drain. I know it sounds a little hooky, but try it. When I do this I step out of the shower refreshed, energetic and ready to take on the world. It’s pretty awesome.
7. Change your perspective. Why do Mondays suck so bad? Is it really because everything bad happens on a Monday? Or could it be that they suck because we get out of bed with a sucky attitude that bleeds into our whole day? Put a smile on people! They’re contagious you know, and you just might start doing it automatically 😉